Bless the Rains Down in the CCM

Hey everyone! Week #4 of missionary training and it was one of the best yet! 

On Saturday we had the chance to watch a broadcast of the Provo MTC devo with Elder Kearon and it was so amazing. I love getting the opportunity to hear from our leaders more often as a missionary. Also got to see some familiar faces in the choir, shoutout to my amigos in provo ;).

As the title suggests, there was A LOT of rain this week! The thunder that comes with it is also one of the loudest things I've heard. It's so cool. It has basically been pouring since Sunday but we have definitely made the most of it! Probably the biggest highlight for me this week was on Tuesday night. To make a long story short, my district had maybe gotten told off a little by a supervisor and we were all frustrated and tired from the day. The rain was POUNDING on our window. Somehow we ended up making our way outside played in the rain for like 30 minutes. We were SO drenched. We ran, slipped, sang and talked and it was seriously exactly what we all needed. God was watching out for district 9G that night for sure. I had to let my clothes dry for like 2 days afterwards.

My language abilities also got tested for sure this week. On Monday I went with a bunch of other México missionaries to the immigration office to get our residence cards. The workers there only spoke Spanish. I really didn't want to mess anything up with my residence so I just didn't talk much haha. But everything went well and your girl is officially a resident of Mexico 😎. Also we had to take a practice language assessment this week that was SO. HARD. I've never felt more humbled in my life then I did sitting in front of that janky laptop in the CCM lab. It was bad.
getting humbled
Fun thing I learned from my instructor this week is that a common food in Oaxaca is armadillo meat. What???? That's chill I guess? He just laughed at me when I tried to ask him more about it so I guess keep your eye out for some armadillo features once I get to the field. 

Last temple trip in the CCM! The temple is going to be closed the rest of the time we are here so today was our last chance to go :(. It was amazing. We saw a mime on the road on our way back
I also kicked some trash in pickleball this week. I think the Lord is increasing my abilities. #blessup
Spot the difference (Hna. Jones is my long lost twin)

YOU GUYS. THE ATONEMENT IS SO REAL. I absolutely love Alma 7:11-12 "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." The Lord knows you! He has done everything so that He can know how best to help you and save you from the woes of this world. I know that He loves me and has saved me personally from my transgressions and that He has done the same for you! LEAN ON HIM. HE LOVES YOU. HE HAS ALREADY DONE THE WORK. THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO SUFFER MORE THAN HE ALREADY HAS FOR YOU!

Thats its! Email me your thoughts! I love hearing from you! 💕

-Hermana Stephenson

All my photos!
"Everyday I wake up at 5 AM. it's the beeeeeest" -Nacho Libre (I've never related more) 




Comments