Veinte & back in gear

 Week 15

WOW. This week was insane. So much happened and we saw so many miracles I won't be able to tell you them all!! Also today is independence day here... VIVA MEXICOOOOO 🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
Now let's hit the highlights to see what happened 👀 

First, I turned 20 YEARS OLD. Feeling super old but super loved! My companion, other missionaries and the members here did so much for me! I had like 3 parties and subsequently 3 cakes smashed in my face as is Mexican tradition (check the google photos for vids). I love the people here with all my heart, Etla seriously has become my second home and my family. Everyone cross your fingers that I can stay here one more transfer 🤞
Every part of this picture is funny
Honestly last week was pretty bad and by the time I was writing my last email I was pretty discouraged not going to lie to you! BUT we really dedicated ourselves to working hard and doing all we could to find new people this week, and got so blessed in so many ways:

1. We had so many members come on visits with us. It was amazing. Our lessons are like 10x better when we have a member with us. They are PODEROSOS. If you are a member of the church, this is your sign to get in contact with your missionaries and go on visits with them because they need your help! Do it 🫵🏽
Hna Cata 💓
2. Met our new friend Edgar! We found him knocking doors, he previous met with the elders but lost contact with them. We could tell this guy was elect and invited him to be baptized the next time we met with him. He accepted and is getting baptized this Sunday! Crazy miracle we love Edgar!! 💪
Edgar!
3. Had a Todos Juntos activity where the other missionaries in our district, the LZ and STLs and the members came to work in our area for 2 hours to divide and conquer. We covered so much ground and ended up with 4 more friends with baptismal dates by the end of the day!! Such a cool experience and proved to me that there really are people in our area who are ready to make covenants with God. We just need to find them! Can't wait to help them work towards their goals and progress. 

Other random things:
- had intercambios with Hna Rameriez! 
- watched our bishop destroy in a futbol game. It was intense⚽️
- had to drop a friend or two due to some interesting comments made to the Elders about me... turns out they weren't too interested in Jesus. At least they think I'm pretty??? 😬🤔 (thx E. Mower for the info)

Came across this scripture in 3 Nephi 18:32 that I LOVE. It says "Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them." It is not our job to judge others or decide who is fit to go to church, in fact it's the opposite! We must love and accept  everyone and minister unto them because we never know when they might choose to return to Christ. How cool is it that we can be a part of that process! I love being a missionary 💓💓

Overall this week was so amazing. I know that the Savior is with us in our work because I see miracles ALL THE TIME. Pray that we can take this momentum and run with it for the rest of this transfer! Love you all!
-Hermana Stephenson 

Comments