SAN BLAS PT 2
Week 47
It's been so long since I've slept using a blanket. The thought of something heavier than half of a sheet even touching my body in the night repulses me. I thought it was supposed to be cold(er) at night? Not the case here I'll tell you that 🚫🛏
Gonna make this one short and sweet!
This week:
- hit 11 months in the mission! 🤯
- comp smashed a cake in my face but I got revenge
- put Silvia on date for baptism!
- Edwin, a young boy who was recently baptized, shared his testimony on Sunday and it was the most tender thing in the whole wide world 🤧
- had exchanges with the hermanas in Oleducto and ate the most mid pizza ever
- finished off the transfer! 🙌🏼
- TRANSFER NEWS.... I'm staying in San Blas another transfer yayyyyy!!!! I absolutely love it here and am super excited to have more time. Sadly will be saying goodbye to Hermana Evia as she finishes off her last transfer in the mission elsewhere. This last month and a half has been one of the most miracle filled of my mission! It's incredible to see the hand of the Lord in people's lives and I just love being a missionary (someone tell me why it's going by so fast?!) 🥹
One of the Bible stories that has struck me the most whilst being in the mission has been the Road to Emmaus in Luke 24:
"28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. 31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed."
I love that this story shows the love and compassion that the Savior has for the individual. I'm sure the Resurrected Lord of all mankind probably had a busy schedule and a lot of important people to see, but he took to the time to tarry with these men, His friends, on their invitation. He ministered unto, served and loved them and in the end He helped them know that He had overcome all pain and even death for them, and all was due in part to a simple invitation to stay a little longer. I love my Savior and hope that He will tarry with me, as long as I invite Him to do so.
He is risen indeed. 💓





Comments
Post a Comment