"VIVEN LOS MORMONES!" 🗣

 Week 51 (1 Year anniversary as a missionary🤯)


"VIVEN LOS MORMONES!" ... is what my mission president yelled out his window as he passed us walking down the road. How I love that guy.

It's hot here! What a surprise. I dont think I'll ever do hot yoga again because it will give me flash blacks to the mission. That should give you a good idea of how much I sweat daily.

Here's what went downnnnnn:
- got to see the ocean for the first time since being here! Even tho we live like 30 minutes away, we haven't ever gone. Today we got the chance. Our mission has a super strict "no missionaries on the beach" rule so no touching of the sand occurred. It was still fun to go and see it from a distance!

- lots of exchanges pretty much every other day, but what else is new hahah 
- crashed a quinceñera--- not really but snooped outside of one for a good while to see the dress and the dancing. Super lit actually. I had crazy fomo and wanted to go in so bad 😔
- had CLM (leadership conference) and went back to Oaxaca for the second week in a row. Me and the bus are good friends at this point. The conference was super fun. It’s always good to see the mission buds in other parts and catch up, all while receiving direction from president. (Dont have any pics. The APs never send them smh) 

- offical hit one whole entire year in the mission field---wuuuuuuut. I have no idea where the time has gone and it's insane to think that I only have 6 more moths left here. It genuinely makes me so sad. This last year has absolutely been the hardest of my life and has pushed me beyond where I thought were my limits. But it has pushed me to become a better version of myself and learn to completely and entirely lean on the Lord. He's got my back, and I've seen Him prove that to me too many times to doubt it. 

Joseph B Wirthlin once said:
"The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.”

Thats all there is to it! I love this gospel with all my heart, and i love my Savior a little bit more 🫶

See ya next tiiiiiiiime
-Hermana Stephenson 


Comments

Popular Posts