Hug hug, kiss kiss, little hug, kiss kiss, little kiss
Hello everyone!! It's my first week as a full-time missionary! I can't wait to tell you all about my experience in the Online Home MTC this week
But first, I feel a tad obliged to give a little explanation to the name of my blog/title of this email. For those of you who don't know, the legendary, classic, cinematic masterpiece that is Nacho Libre starring Jack Black was filmed entirely in Oaxaca, Mexico. I get the chance to walk the streets of my amateur wrestling inspiration during my time there, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to throw a couple of quotes into my experience. I'm sure they will be recurring, so be on the look out ;)
My idol
Officially set apart!
This week was amazing! I was online in zoom meetings basically all day everyday, but it was awesome. I got to meet my cute companion, Hermana Auten, and my lit district. Seriously such a spiritually strong group of people. I can't wait to meet them all next week. My teachers are also super cool! They don't speak a whole lot of english, and my spanish class is already solo español (kind of scary), but they are the best and really invite the Spirit so well. I leave for Mexico City on Tuesday next week to start my in-person training for 6 weeks and I couldn't be more excited
My companion and district!
Besides classes, this week was filled with a lot of card games and family time which has been the best. I have lots of family in town before I leave and it has been so fun spending time and playing games with everyone.
Also, my farewell is tomorrow for anyone that wants to come! It's at 10:30am at 5530 W Venetian Dr, and my open house is at 7pm at 9319 W Hills Gate Dr. I would love to see anyone there that is in town!!
The last sushi with my dad :(
One of the things that I have been thinking about a lot this week is how incredible it is that the Spirit communicates with people according to what they need. 2 Nephi 31:3 says "For the Lord God giveth light unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding". I love that each of us is able to hear the influence of the Spirit in different ways that are unique to every person. The Savior loves and knows us so well. I promise that as you look to find the His influence in your life, He will make Himself manifest in the ways he knows you need.
I love you all! Stay tuned to see what the CCM holds next week!!
Hermana Stephenson







Comments
Post a Comment