Solo Hermanas
What's up everyone! Week 2 here at the CCM has been so good! I can't tell you how much I've been enjoying my time here. Let's hit the highlights:
First of all, we got to go to the México City temple today for pday and it was the best thing ever. I love the temple so much and it was so cool to experience it in another language. It was such an amazing way to continue inviting the Spirit into our week.
Our district all lowkey got super sick this week which was not good. The food here is not being nice to our gringo stomachs (myself included). I'll spare you the details but I'm sure you can imagine it. Basically 2 of our hermana companionships were MIA for a bit due to sickness or meetings so a lot of our time was just me and my comp with the elders. We still had a lot of fun though! We laugh probabaly more than we should.I think I'm developing an eternal headache from laughing. All the hermanas have matching skirts that we wear on Tuesdays and the Elders were super jealous. My district also hit up some service projects and a crazy pickleball tournament. Had to get a little creative with our trophy but I think it was pretty fitting!
![]() |
| Game Night with the Elders |
Pickleball Tournament Trophy Winners
There's really not much to say about this week. My days are pretty much the exact same with very little variation. It rained a decent amount this week which was new but I'm basically in class all the time. We are about to start Spanish immersion next week so pray for me. I'm having a hard enough time as it is with the language haha so we'll see how it goes. My companion and I had to teach a 15 minute lesson in Spanish and it was one of the most stressful things I've ever done. Hopefully de don de lenguas will be with me moving forward.
Comp Study
One of the biggest focuses for me this week that really got driven home was learning to trust in the Lord's plan. During one of our devotionals it was just a theme that kept coming to me over and over again. There's been some things in my life with going on a mission that have made it kind of difficult for me to trust in the Savior. I am totally a person who likes to have a plan and when your plan feels like it's out from under your feet it can be really scary. But I have felt such a peace with the knowledge that my Savior has a plan for me and that it is better than anything I can plan for myself. He knows what's best for me and for all of you! I know that as I trust in Him I will have increased capacity to grow and learn. JESUS IS THE BEST.
I love you all!
Hermana Stephenson











Comments
Post a Comment