As Much as There is Much....

Week 6 

¡Hola! Another week goes by as I reach the end of my time at the CCM and it was amazing. I don't have much but this is the rundown:

Fourth of July! Not really something I expected to be a big thing here but it was so fun! I would say about 80% of the missionaries here are from America so everyone was quite excited to show their pride. Everyone was decked out in red, white, and blue all day. I think I heard the national anthem twice at every meal and at least 4 other times besides that. All the teachers and Latino missionaries got quite a kick out of it for sure. The burgers they served for lunch were definitely sausage but it's the thought that counts 🦅🦅🦅

red white and blue ❤️🤍💙
With all the new missionaries coming to the CCM, they remade some of our branches and our branch president and his wife got released sadly. They are the coolest and were such an influence for good here. Presidente y Hermana Mejia will be missed!
Rama 9!
Lots of class and study! Basically the name of the game in the CCM but I'm ready to have a little more variety in my day to day life as I'm sure you all are too. These emails are starting to get boring.
comp study is always productive
I leave in less than a week for the field so next time you hear from me I will be a real-life missionary in Oaxaca! I am so excited but also quite sad to leave my district here. They are quite literally my family and I love them all so much 😪 here's some shoutouts:

Elder Larkin: the angel elder in my district who found my water bottle. It was missing all day and somehow he located it. Unfortunately not the first time he has found that thing for me but gold star to him (also played the cello at devo and it was lit)
Hermana Jones: my twin and consistently makes me die laughing. As much is there is much, love for her and her cutest comp in the world Hermana Carpenter 
THE BEST COMPANION EVER HERMANA AUTEN: I can't describe to you all how much I will miss her! God put us in each other's lives for a reason and she has become one of my best friends and like a sister to me. Whoever gets to train her in Costa Rica will be the luckiest Hermana ever ❤️‍🩹

Honestly this week I had some bomb studies in the scriptures that was a highlight for me. I LOVE the story of the Anti-Nephi-Lehies in the Book of Mormon. They buried their weapons of war and covenanted with God to never take them up again. Even when the Lamanite army came, they stayed faithful, even unto their deaths. I think that their faith is some of the greatest we can see in the scriptures.  Alma 24:16 says "And now, my brethren, if our brethren seek to destroy us, behold, we will hide away our swords, yea, even we will bury them deep in the earth, that they may be kept bright, as a testimony that we have never used them, at the last day; and if our brethren destroy us, behold, we shall go to our God and shall be saved." Even though things didn't work out for them, they still had faith that they would be saved, and they had that faith IN THE MIDST of it. I desire to have faith Iike them and be able to see the Lord during my trials, not just after them.

Don't know what the next week will look like but I can't wait to get into the field! Love you all!
-Hermana Stephenson

All da flicks:
Bestie day 1s Elder Mower and Richards heading to Oaxaca with me 😎


















 

Comments

Popular Posts