güera en la calle

 Week 11

Hi there! This week wasn't super exciting, and I can't really remember that much that happened haha

Took a lil jaunt into the main city Oaxaca to get my green card! The immigration office was pretty lame, especially since I didn't have what I needed (thx Elder Gladwell) and have to go back another time. But we got to see a little bit of the centro and check out this huge cathedral which was super cool! I got to see some of the other Hermanas I got here with! 
Our friend Teo accepted the invitation to be baptized! She is so incredible and being able to help people like her come closer to Christ is such a blessing. We are going to have to work with her a lot to make sure everything is ready before she gets baptized next month, so if you could keep her in your prayers that would be awesome! 
Pretty flowers in the road
This week was mostly a lot of trying to find and not a whole lot of success. We walked a lot, and our time spent walking on the roads is directly correlated to how much I get called a “güera" by random men in the street. Güera is basically a slang word for white girl, and I heard it a lot this week. I definitely stand out a lot here, and the drunks love to comment on it! But I'm getting more used to it 🤡
Super accurate reenactment with ZL E. Smith
PRAYER IS REAL. This is something that I learn more and more everyday as a missionary. We pray SO MUCH. It is a big part of our life here, and I love it. I read Elder Holland's talk from the last conference called "Motions of a Hidden Fire" and looooved it (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2024/04/13holland?lang=eng). I invite you all to go read it for yourself because it's so good, but this quote stood out to me: "It is for reasons known only to God why prayers are answered differently than we hope—but I promise you they ARE heard and they ARE answered according to His unfailing love and cosmic timetable." Sometimes it's hard for us to understand or realize when God has answered our prayers when it is different than the exact thing we prayed for, but I know that Elder Hollands words are true! God always hears us and always answers. Pray more! I promise it will do nothing but bless you, it has for me!!! 

I hope you are all doing well! Update me on your life if you feel!! 💕
- Hermana Stephenson



Comments

Popular Posts