MILAGROS
Week 12
Hola a todos! This week was so good! It was the last week of my first transfer which is crazyyyy. Transfers are on Wednesday this week, but they won't affect me much because we know that both my companion and I are staying in Etla while I have one more transfer of training! I love Etla so I'm excited to be here longer ☺️
![]() |
| It is so pretty here |
We had a lit noche de hogar with an inactive family in the ward, and later in the week we went back and one of the cousins in the family Evelin accepted the invitation to be baptized!! She bore such a beautiful testimony about baptism and how important she knows it is for her 🤯 That never happens. Now we just gotta hope that her super catholic abuela will give her permission but we've got faith, despite all the creepy saint dolls they've got in their house💪
![]() |
| Family Home Evening |
This week we spent most of our time hanging out and teaching our friends who have baptismal dates! 🌊🌊We try to find a way to be in contact with them everyday, and since there are 4 of them all spread out through our huge area it gets busy fast. But it's SUCH a blessing! This country is definitely a promised land, there are so many people here that are so humble and have been prepared to hear the word. I'm just lucky to be a part of it!
![]() |
| Bestie Mareli |
Main highlight: CINTHIA AND DILAN GOT BAPTIZED WOOOOO 🥹🎉🌊 This was such a special experience for me, because my very first lesson i was ever apart of in the field was with them! So full-circle. There have definitely been some struggles, but they were finally able to enter into a covenant relationship with God on Sunday and it was so amazing. It's so cool to watch people's testimonies grow as we teach them and see the influence of the Savior more and more in their lives! It makes everything I do as a missionary worth it 💓💓
Basically everyone in Oaxaca is Catholic or at least professes to be. It's been an interesting experience for me to become more familiar with the Catholic beliefs and traditions, espscially because it's not something I was ever in contact with much at home. But something that I have noticed is that there is a very heavy focus on the cross and the Crucifixion of the Savior. Everywhere we go there are these huge, kind of scary depictions of Jesus on the cross. It's made me ponder a lot on the Atonement and just how grateful I am for a Savior who not only died for me, but who overcame death and rose again! The news of the Lord Jesus Christ is so good and joyful because He lives! I'm greatful that the gospel we share has such a focus on His living influence and the Resurrection. I KNOW THAT HE LIVES AND LOVE YOU. I have seen His hand in countless ways in this little corner of México, and I know you can too if you only look!
I love you all so much!! Thank you to everyone who emails me, I promise I read them even if I can't get around to always responding! I love hearing from you! 💓💓
-Hermana Stephenson
More pics: (Hermana Stephenson Missionary Album)








Comments
Post a Comment