¿Qué dijo Dios?

Week 9

Another day another peso in the land of Oaxaca! The work this week was hard but good! We had a lot of canceled appointments and time spent knocking doors/gates to not much avail. But, the work goes on!

Miracle for this week: the weather has been SO NICE. like low 70s all the time. It has been the best especially since we walk all day! It's funny though because everyone here thinks it's freezing. So many of the members told us this week they were getting sick from the cold 🫥 And my companion wears a hoodie and sweats every night but for me it's perfect and I love it!

first person to email me the Nacho Libre quote that correlates to this pic gets extra blessings this week

Speaking of Nacho, for Pday we went to the church where they filmed part of the movie! What are the chances it's in my first area?? It was fun and we got some lit pictures, even though we had to hide from some monks to do so 🤼‍♀️
We also went to El Castillo de los Dudenes, or the Castle of the Elves! People go there to give offerings to the elves for good luck and abundance I guess. It was lowkey super creepy and the best way to describe it was with one word my companion used: "apostocia". But it looked pretty cool!!
Funny(ish?) story: we came across a lot of borrachos this week that wanted to talk to us, and one in particular was quite special. We were looking for someone in this neighborhood and an older (quite intoxicated) gentleman came over to us and had some contention in his heart,  poor man. He was trying to argue with us and kept asking us questions like "what did God say on the cross??" And my companion was like "nothing he was dead" 💀 ordinarily I would have laughed super hard but then he turned and started asking me questions. I couldn't answer very well in my broken Spanish hahah! Luckily my companion rescued me and we got out of the conversation eventually. I'm grateful the majority of the people here are so kind and willing to listen to us most of the time 😊

I read a BOMB talk this week called "Come What May and Love It" by Elder Jospeh B Wirthlin. In it he says "The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.” It's that easy! All that God asks of us is to do our best and he takes care of everything else. How lucky are we that he gives us commandments so that we know what the best thing to do is!! I'm so grateful for the chance I have to make people's lives easier by sharing the commandments with them everyday 💓

Enjoy your week! Write me if you feel like it!
-Hermana Stephenson 

Google Photos: 

Comments

Popular Posts