The Hills are Alive

 Week 10

What upppp everyone! This week was so good!!! Sooo busy but that's what makes good missionary work! 
Hermanas de Monte-Alban! 
Zone Conference! My first one and it was so fun to come together with other missionaries in the area and get training from our president. Presidente Paz is super funny but super hard to understand cause he's from Argentina lol. But everything went well and got super spiritually fed that day 🍲

The next day we had exchanges with our STL's!! I went to a different area called La Joya for the day with Hermana Guzman. She is incredible and we put 2 people on date for baptism that day! #milagros. However, the hills in La Joya are NO JOKE. It's quite literally the side of a mountain and we walked it all day. My calves were super ripped after that. But the view is gorgeous and the work is good, so that's all you can ask for.
We also had a lot of chances to serve! We came across this lady and her daughter on our way to an appointment that were moving this huge pile of dirt up a big ramp to their house. We stopped to help them out. It took way longer than we thought hahah but it was so worth it. Christ would not have walked past without helping her, and so we didn't either. I love wearing His name on my chest everyday to remind me to do the things He would!
This week I saw a lot of growth--in myself and in the people we are teaching. We put another friend in our area on date for baptism who is progressing so much!! It is so awesome to see the change in the people we teach. I also felt like my ability to speak Spanish increased a lot! Hermana Guzman pushed me to speak more and I was able to see a lot of improvement in my language skills. It also helps a ton that the people here are so patient with me and help me when I make mistakes (which is everytime I talk). But, a lady in our ward this week told me that I don't have a strong American accent when I speak Spanish so that's a huge win 🏆
As a missionary, I carry a Book of Mormon in my hand everyday. It really makes me think about it and the truths that are inside. Everything you need to know about the gospel is in that book! I can not tell you the absolute joy I feel when someone we are teaching pulls out their Book of Mormon. The people here really do not have much, and to see that book in their homes and in their hands is so amazing! They treasure it so much, and it has really been a testimony to me of the desire God has for all His children to read his word and find answers in the scriptures. I KNOW THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE. If you don't have a testimony of that, I challenge you to pray and ask God, because He WILL answer! You will find peace and joy in it, I promise!!
If you could, pray for our friends Cinthia, Dilan and Mareli!! 

Love you all!! Write me your thoughts 🤓
- Hermana Stephenson
Bonus: my cute niece with her Hermana Stephenson doll🥹🥹

Comments

Popular Posts