Stalling
Week 14
Another week down! Time is flying like crazy and I can't believe I've almost been a missionary for 100 days. Bonkers 🤯 also shoutout to prez Nelson for being 100 years old today 🎉
This week had some highs and lows (but what week doesn't in the life of a missionary lets be honest). I'm learning to roll with the punches more and more because everyday is so different.
Highlight: we got to go to the temple with Eduardo for his first time! It was such a special experience and we are so lucky in our area to be close enough to the temple to go with our recent converts. The Spirit in the temple is truly unlike any other place in the world. I definitely took being able to go so often for granted pre-mission. So if you can, go to the temple this week!!
Also had a soup of straight pig skin this week, definitely the worst food I've had so far. I managed to not throw up. I would not recommend it to a friend
![]() |
| Chafa 👎 |
To refer to the title, recently I've really been feeling like we are stalling in the work. Our friends have not been progressing, and we ended up having to drop basically everyone we were teaching and start from scratch. It honestly has been difficult for me to feel motivated to do the work because I've felt so stuck. But by the time Sunday had rolled around, and everything had fallen apart, I finally sat down with my companion and made a solid plan for what we are going to change and improve to be better moving forward. We have faith that this week is going to be a good one, and that the Lord will magnify our efforts, because He always does 💪
Also this week someone thought that I was from México. Not really sure how my white skin and bad Spanish led them to believe that, but I guess it's a sign of progress? I've got one more week to prep for Noche Mexicana so maybe I'll be able to pull off a Mexican identity by then 🇲🇽🇲🇽
Recently I've been reading in 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon, specially the event of Jesus Christ visiting the America's and His teachings there (which is SO BOMB if you haven't read those chapters for awhile do it). Something that caught my attention is that right before the Savior appears, the people hear a voice from the heavens. They can't understand it the first few times, but then in chapter 11 verse 5 it says "And again the third time they did hear the voice, and did open their ears to hear it; and their eyes were towards the sound thereof; and they did look steadfastly towards heaven from which the sound came". It made me wonder just how many times does the Spirit try to talk to me, but I don't open my ears to hear it? The Lord can give us prompting after prompting, but if we are not open to listen and metaphorically looking towards the heavens, there is no way we can understand it. I know that when we take the time to listen to what God has to say, we give Him the chance to bless us more. I challenge you all to listen more to the promptings of the Spirit!! They will help you!!
I love you all! Pray that Hermana Tesén and I can find some new people this week 👊
-Hermana Stephenson
Google photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sWdGPnoSWwsE5pup7








Comments
Post a Comment