Be Where Your Feet Are

Week 20: 

The one word I would use to describe this week is “fun”. There were SO many times where I found myself wheezing uncontrollably (if you know me well enough you know what I'm talking about) because so many funny things happened and my companion is also just hilarious. Here's a quick list of things that made me laugh this week:
- H. Jimenez almost fell off a rope swing into a river (only her leg got wet don't worry)🏞
- bishops wife tried to pinch off a mole on my face because she thought it was a bug🪲
- found a random park and thoroughly enjoyed the various seesaws there 🛝
- some of the YSA teaching me slang😎
- looking at old pics of Jimenez 👩‍🦲
- odd middle aged men from Facebook references 🤨
LA LUNA
Also this week we caught chapulines! We have eaten them a few times but we went to visit this family and they were out in the field catching them to cook so we helped out. They are EVERYWHERE this time of year so it was pretty easy but not where I expected to find myself 🦗
Before
After
Something I have noticed about México is that sunsets don't really exist. Like the sun will be in the sky and then 2 seconds later it's dark. But for some reason, there were crazyyy sunsets like every night like week and the moon has been super full. The people here say it happens every year before Muertos in October. I guess nature is just preparing for the holiday like everyone else here. The fiestas in the streets are starting to happen more and more often and the music is getting louder everytime 🙉 good thing I like banda 🎺
Caught in the action
I think the main thing I learned this week is just how much you can enjoy being a missionary. Serving a mission is absolutely one of the hardest things I have ever done, but there is so much good and fun that is possible at the same time. Did we get bashed by two scary old guys in the same day who later wanted to hug me?? Yes. But did we put someone on date for baptism the next day? Also yes. Did a single friend come to church on Sunday? No. But did we get to teach the plan of salvation to a group of kids for their first time? Yes. I've talked a lot with my companion this week just about how important it is to enjoy every moment that you have as a missionary because it goes by fast. I'm officially 1/4 DONE with the mish which is bonkers but I am loving it more and more everyday. 
☀️🌕🌟

D&C 124:44
"If ye labor with all your might, I will consecrate that spot that it shall be made holy." 
I know this scripture to be true. I have seen that as we work to be diligent in the work, the Lord consecrates our efforts almost ON THE SPOT. As we as children of God work to be where our feet are and consecrate where we are in every moment, He will magnify our efforts 10 fold 🧨

Love you all! Thanks for all the emails I promise I read them even if I don't have time to respond. 

Your favorite almost Muerto,

Hermana Stephenson



Comments

Popular Posts