My Feet Always Hurt
Week 22
Time is moving at an insane pace and somehow we're almost at the end of another transfer. I really can't remember much because this last week felt like 2 seconds in total, but here's what I do remember:
![]() |
| Oaxaca is so beautiful 🥰 |
-we've been working with an 8 year old boy named Sebastian who's parents are recently returning to the Church! He wants to be baptized so we have been working with them to have the baptism this Saturday! Hopefully all goes well
-working a TON with the members. I adore the ward here and will definitely be something I miss when I leave Etla (who knows when that will be)
-killed 5 black widows outside of our house and taught a praying mantis how to fly (check google photos) 🕷
- got a WASH MACHINE put in the house. Not sure if you all understand how big of a miracle that is, but we can just say I felt like crying tears of joy the first time I used it. I'm never taking it for granted again.
-had a "día como misionero" with 2 young men in our ward and it was so fun! Basically we met them at the church at 8 in the morning and did all of our planning and studies together. Then we left and visited some friends and knocked doors all day! These 2 boys are amazing and both preparing to go on missions in the next year. It was awesome to have them bear their testimonies with us all day! At the end of the day while we ate tacos, we gifted them a Book of Mormon we had painted and marked several of our favorite scriptures. Overall a 10/10 day.
This week I watched the worldwide devotional for the young adults with Elder Bednar. It was SO GOOD. I HIGHLY recommend all of you no matter your age to give it a watch. The title was "Things as They Really Are 2.0”. He talked about Artificial Intelligence and how it can affect our moral agency if we let it. Something he said over and over again that I love is that we are agents to ACT and not be acted UPON. The purpose of this life is to see if we will choose and act to become what the Lord invites us to become. Satan looooves to tempt us to do exactly the opposite. So we all need to be aware of what we choose to do and the things we act on, because that is what shows us if we are really coming unto Christ or not!!
Love you all!! Enjoy wherever you are in life right now and don't forget to pray!
With newly washed clothes and sheets,
-Hermana Stephenson






Comments
Post a Comment