Facebook friends 🤝
Week 29
Holaaaaa! So it has only been a few days since my last preparation day so I'm gonna keep this one short and sweet (maybe) but the last few days have been great!!
- came across some random kids playing fútbol while we were knocking doors and played with them for a solid hour. Super fun and they actually didn't kill me too bad but that's probably because they were all 8 years old 🏃♀️➡️⚽️
- I may be bad at fútbol, but at least I DESTROYED in a game of PIG against some elderes. 🐖🏀
- learned that I'll be training this transfer(again)! Everyone please pray that my new companion shows up this time!!
- over 1,000 souls entered into the kingdom of God by being baptized here in Oaxaca in the year 2024!! I am soooo lucky to be part of the gathering of Israel in this part of the world! TE AMO MÉXICO 🌊🇲🇽
ANDRÉS! 🫶
Yesterday we absolutely HIT GOLD and found our new friend Andrés! Here's the story: We recieve a reference from Facebook that this 50 year old guy is interested in a visit from the missionaries and a Book of Mormon. For context, even though missionaries in other parts of the world use social media a lot to share messages and find people, here we basically don't use it at all because it's pretty ineffective and most of the references are either wackos or they never respond. So we send this guy a message and surprise number 1, he responds and tells us we can pass by Sunday afternoon. Neither my companion or I really want to go because we think he's gonna be a weirdo but decide to go anyway to at least drop off a BOM. And let me tell you the spirit of discernment is real because the second that man opened his door, I knew that we were in the right place and that he had been prepared to hear our message. He shared with us that he had been having a lot of difficult things going on in his life and that the Church's posts about the Book of Mormon had really stuck out to him. We explained the Restoration and at the end he asked if we could pray for him. WOW the spirit was SO STRONG during that prayer and I could feel so powerfully the love our Heavenly Father has for Andrés. As the prayer came to an end, we look up and he was crying. He told us that he felt a calmness and a peace that he never had before, and that he knew God had sent us to resuce him. The whole experience was just such a confirmation to me that GOD IS AWARE of every. single. one. of his children. He knew that we needed to find Andrés, and more importantant He knew that he needed to feel loved.
‼️MORAL OF THE STORY IF YOU DIDNT READ IT:
- don't ignore Facebook requests
- there are people being prepared EVERYONE to hear the gospel, whether your in Tokyo Japan or the middle of surburban America, God it preparing his children to come unto Him! Don't lose faith!
Sorry for the long story I just didn't have anything else to talk about hahah! Transfers are this week and I'm super crossing my fingers that I don't leave Montoya because we have so many friends that will be baptized next month 🤞🤞
Cuídense!
-Hermana Stephenson 🤰




Comments
Post a Comment