demoted ๐
Week 26
Hola todos! Welcome back to the weekly recap. If you thought this week was gonna be chiller than the last two have been (that makes 2 of us), you are in for a surprise!Guess what... I got emergency transferred again ๐‼️ Had a whole 2 weeks in La Joya as an STL (sister trainer leader) before getting demoted back to normal missionary. I was actually pretty bummed because I was just barely starting to get to know the area, and the ward there is super awesome. I also really enjoyed being in a trio (unpopular opinion) and had so much fun with my companions. But all good things come to an end (some faster than others), and when we got the call that one of the hermanas in our zone had to go home, I knew they were gonna boot me over since I was already the odd man out. ๐ฅพ
So now I'm here in Montoya! Getting to know my new companion Hermana Landin and the area alll over again ๐
While i was still in the trio, we put a lady named Alicia on date for baptism! She is the mom of 2 recent converts and has been in teaching for a while but could never be baptized because she isn't married to the partner she lives with. But this day we showed up and she told us "hermanas, I've already made my decision of what I'm going to do..." (that's a super scary sentence to hear as a missionary) "...I'm going to get married this month so I can be baptized by my son before he leaves on a mission: WHAT?? ๐คฏ๐คฏ We were so taken aback but the Spirit was so strong. We were all in tears as we testified to her of the blessings she would receive for her choice. It was amazing!
Other things:
- spent my whole first day in the new area knocking doors and it was.... a long day for sure ๐ช๐๐ฝ
-climbed through a tiny window ๐ช
-world-wide day of service was Saturday!! Definitely the highlight of the week for me. We went and cleaning and re-painted an elementary school as a stake and it was so fun. I love service projects! They are such a fun way to help someone in need. I challenge you to find a way to give service every week this month!! ๐งน๐
![]() |
| spot the white girl |
- pretty sure I witnessed a ghost leaving someone's house while the Elders blessed their home. The evil spirit stories here in Oaxaca go crazy. Email me if you want the deets ๐ป
To be for real with you, all the changes that have been going on have been hard for me. I am definitely a person who likes to have a plan and a place to belong. I have not had either of those things this whole transfer. It has really pushed me to realize what is important about being a missionary. I love this scripture in D&C 31:6:
"Behold, verily I say unto you, go from them only for a little time, and declare my word, and I will prepare a place for them.”
It doesn't matter what area you are in; who your companion is; or how many times you've had to pack up your whole life and leave where you are. All that matters is the message we share, which is the love of Jesus Christ. If we do what He asks of us, He will prepare a place to belong. And that applies throughout our whole lives! Maybe you’re going through a breakup, you didn't do very well on your last test, you lost your job, or are having family problems. In EVERY situation, look to the Savior. He has a place prepared for you, you just have to find it. ๐๐
If you didn't get to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, I highly recommend it.
Have a great week! Email me if you feel! ๐๐ผ
Still missing Micheal Bublรจ music,
Hermana Stephenson ๐คถ






Comments
Post a Comment