I'M A MOTHER! 👩🍼
Week 30
Ayoooo!! Happy 2025! Hope everyone had a good new year and are living out all your resolutions. We have officially entered the year I will be going home from the mish which is INSANE. Time is going by wayyy too fast (hit 7 months this week wooo)
TRANSFERS! I'm a mom! On Wednesday I went to the mission offices and received my greenie that I will be training! Her name is Hermana Grande. She’s from Puebla México and is soooo amazing! Seriously I lucked out hardcore and don't even feel like I'm training her half the time. We're gonna be together here in Montoya until March. We’ve got some good things lined up so I'm excited 🐣
New Year's Eve here was super fun! We have a sick view of the city from our roof so my companion and I went up and watched all the fireworks (and heard questionable gunshots jajaj) and ate 12 grapes all in a minute. It was a good time for me to reflect on where I was a year ago and just how much has happened in the last year of my life. So grateful for everyone who was a part of my life this last year and more than anything my Savior who is molding me more and more every year to the person he wants me to be 🫶
On the topic of holidays, today is Dìa de los Reyes here in México which I didn't even know existed before the mission. It's basically 2nd Christmas. They celebrate the arrival of the 3 wise men to Jesus when they bring their gifts. Supposedly, the wise men make stops on their way to all the good little boys and girls and bring them presents as well. Basically Santa Claus, but honestly a lot cooler because it actually has something to do with the nativity scene and Jesus so that's a #win in my book. Another tradition for Reyes is they eat this super good bread called rosca. But el chiste es que whoever gets the piece with a little baby Jesus in it has to make tamales for everyone the 2nd of February. We had a ward service activity on Friday and the hermanas in the ward brought rosca, guess who found baby Jesus..... guess whoever wants tamales feb 2 they're on the house 🙋♀️🫔
Also remember Andrés from last week?? He accepted a baptismal date and will be getting baptized in a few weeks!! So awesome! We just need prayers that he can make it to church this Sunday 🙏 Also Tania and Bryan are getting baptized this week so keep an eye out for that!! Big things happening here in Montoya 💪
This week I was reading in 2 Nephi 9 (which is SO GOOD by the way if you haven't read it in a while) and verses 28 and 29 stuck out to me:
"O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.
But to be learned is good if they hearken unto the counsels of God."
I love these verse because they are so true. When we think we are wise, we often lean too much unto our own understanding and pride which is bad. But it is a good thing to be learned if we still hearken unto the counsels of God. He will always know more than we do so it is important to stay humble and let Him lead the way!!
Send me an email if you feel! Love hearing from everyone!
Soon to be tamale master,
- Hermana Stephenson ✊️






Comments
Post a Comment