a la chamba ๐ท♀️๐ท♀️
Week 35
HELLO
This is probably going to be pretty short because I'm having a hard time remembering what happened this week. Time is flying and Hermana Grande and I finished our first transfer together! Girl learned everything so fast during the first transfer of training that I don't feel like I have to do anything more to train her this transfer, which is a win. They grow up so fast ๐ช
![]() |
| weekly planning |
WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK:
- on Tuesday on our way to eat with a member, I realized as we got to their house that I had left my phone at the house. Bad news because my phone is the one that has the chip and we were already in the area that we had planned to work in for the afternoon. Basically we had to walk 30 minutes to the house and then 30 minutes back to where we were before. I was kinda annoyed with myself. BUT as we walked back, we ran into a lady who had been in contact with the missionaries before and had been looking for us so that she could come back to church! Miracle. Then we ran into a recent convert who we knew had been having a bad day. God knew I needed to leave my phone in the house that morning so that we would find those people when they needed it most. ๐๐ผ
- had 3 different family home evenings with our friends and member families which were awesomeeee. We've really been hitting our stride working with the members in this area. It makes our lives so much easier ๐ซ
- worked a lot with Luz, the little girl from last weeks email, and been prepping her for her baptism this week! She's super strong and independent in her testimony and desire to be baptized. Honestly, she is a big example to her family. Super excited for her ๐
- put Vanessa on date for baptism! Vanessa is also 12 but so mature and the sister of a member in the ward. She's lit and super excited to enter the temple so #thinkcelestial for real ⛪️
- went to a "fashion show" that the young women did and it was pretty funny. My comp and I were the only ones with any hype there but hey, anything for our friends in teaching ๐
This week I read a scripture in Alma 29 that I have read many times, but it hit me a lot harder this time:
"Now, seeing that I know these things, why should I desire more than to perform the work to which I have been called?"
As a missionaries we have a lot of moments where we get frustrated, annoyed and feel like we would rather be doing anything else. Maybe it's frustration with the language, maybe despite your best efforts your friends just aren't progressing, or maybe your just tired of doing the same thing everyday without end in sight. I know I've felt all of those things at one point here, and will probably feel them all again. BUT the work that we are called to do is LITERALLY the most important thing we could be doing right now. We have been divinely called to serve and share the knowledge and testimony we have of the restored gospel to help others come to know it themselves. What could be better than that? Sometimes all it takes is a a little reminder from the good ol scriptures to give the boost we need ๐๐
That's all!
๐
-Hermana Stephenson
![]() |
| This is my favorite dog. |





Comments
Post a Comment