an old friend.. 🤝
Week 37
WE'RE BACK
This week was great and I can't believe it's pday again. Like how is March starting this week?????
We went to the temple with Bryan! It is always the biggest missionary payday when you get to be there when someone you found and taught from scratch enters the temple for the first time. I love it. The Spirit was so strong, and I just love the temple and count my blessings every time I get to go 🫶 (also Bryan got the Melchizedek priesthood on Sunday woooo)
ALSO another crazy thing is that when we were at the temple I ran into EDGAR, one of the first converts from my first area who is one of my best friends on the mission. I haven't seen him since I left the area, and to run into him again in the temple filled my heart with so much pure joy. I can't even explain it. THEN I ran into him again the next day at the church and we chatted for a bit and caught up. Highlight of the week for sure
Other things:
- been working with Vanessa to prep for her baptism this coming week. Keep her in your prayers!
- had stake conference and it was BOMB. The Spirit was so strong.
- had intercambios with Hermana Manjarres from Colombia. It was the first time in my whole mission that my companion was taller than me... definitely threw me for a loop. II’ve gotten so used to my tiny Mexican girlies.
Something that I have studied a lot in the mission and especially this week has been personal revelation. I don't know about you guys, but it has always been tough for me to recognize and act on revelation and not just doubt it for my own thoughts and ideas—especially when it comes to big life decisions. As I was reading a talk by Dale G Renlund called "A Framework for Personal Revelation", I felt this phrase stand out to me:
"recognize what God has already revealed to you personally, while being open to further revelation from Him. If God has answered a question and the circumstances have not changed, why would we expect the answer to be different?"
Now this quote might not be spiritually powerful, but it struck me and made me realize the tendency that I have to continually ask God to give me a clearer answer, when He knows and I know that He has already done so. I encourage you all to look for the answers that God has already given you (while always being open to more) and to follow through on them. It will lead you to greater happiness and fulfillment of His plan!
Turning into a stay-at-home mom this week as mi hija gets surgery,
- Hermana Stephenson
![]() |
| two-way peephole (I could see that they were home but they didn't respond 😞) |






Comments
Post a Comment