OHHHH WE'RE HALFWAY THERE....

Week 38

.....OHHH LIVIN ON A PRAYER

If you had the same stake dance experince that I did as a 14 year old, (which I realize might not be a lot of you) you might remember screaming that good ol' Bon Jovi classic that actually very accurately describes my week. I hit 9 months as a missionary today which means that I am officially HALFWAY through my service as a full-time missionary! I can't accurately explain the the excitement, sadness, fear and shock that come with it, so I'll do us all a favor and not try 😎

Also, prayer was definitely a significant part of my week because to be honest, this week was pretty tough. A whole lot of random, out of the ordinary things happened that kind of just threw a wrench in all our plans. If you know me, you know I'm not a fan of my plans getting messed up hahaha. To keep this brief, here's a short list of things that happened:
- my comp had surgery on her eyelid (was lowkey sketchy) and we were basically MIA for like 2 days🚫👁
- the elders and hermanas in the area next to us got threatened by a man with a machete and had to have emergency transfers (rip e. randall and richards) 🔪🙅‍♀️
- a member in the ward fed us literally the most enormous meal I have ever been given to this point in my mission. The aftermath resulted in some pretty bad stomach issues for both my companion and I that once again put us out of action for pretty much the rest of the day 👎👎
- the 2ish days we did have of normal work, everyone canceled 😞
- it's like 95 degrees everyday and getting hotter. Pray for me 🥵
- on a pause with Vanessa's progress toward baptism (was supposed to be last sunday) because her dad won't give permission. 
🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️
I try to be honest in these emails because I feel like sometimes missionary emails can be a lot of "wow! Everything is so good! Nothing bad ever happens to me!” But honestly, anyone who's ever served a mission will tell you that's not true. Sometimes it's super hard and you feel insanely unmotivated and question every reason you thought you had to be in the middle of nowhere facing rejection everyday. But, that's part of the beauty of being a missionary, because resilience is an attribute of Christ. I feel like as I share my experiences as honestly as possible with others, I learn that truth a little more. 

That being said, God still blesses us with good things mixed in with the bad. We were able to find a lot of people this week somehow and dedicate ourselves to a fast which always brings miracles. Many prayers were offered, and many prayers were answered that is for sure. 
I'm grateful to have a testimony of my Savior. I was reading in Alma chapter 5 this week and I think Alma sums it up in verses 45 and 56 better than I could:

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety? 

Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me"

Find your own testimony! It will sustain you when you need it most.

Constantly looking for shade, 🌞🌞

- hermana stephenson
 


Comments

Popular Posts