el conejo vino a oaxaca 🐰

 Week 44


Padiuxhi! 

This week I've been working hard on my Zapoteco game. Funny thing, I can usually speak it better than my companion because the pronunciation is closer to English than it is to Spanish, so that's new. But don't ask me to read it. That’s a lost cause. 

My zapoteco teachers (not sure why she's holding her phone like that lol)
This week was good! Lots and lots of work but super fulfilling. 
-put 3 new people on date for baptism! I've said it before and I'll say it again, San Blas is the promised land and the people here are prepped and primed to hear the gospel. Its the best 🌊🚿
-random guy gave us 2 cold powerades for free on the hottest day of the week #doesn'twanttogetbaptizedthoRIP
- exchanges with the hermanas! I'm learning a lot from the hermanas in our zone. It's been fun getting to know them all better through intercambios!

- lots and lots of fiesta going on the last 2 weeks. Seems like every old person in the pueblo had their birthday all the sudden and they close down entire roads for the party. Super lame and makes your life a lot harder when you have to walk everywhere 🏃‍♀️👎
- Zone Conference was great! Talked a lot about repentance and pride and I left with a lot of take aways about how I can be a better missionary. I've come to realize that our mission is a bit stricter than probably the majority of other missions, but I'm extremely grateful for my mission president and the way he teaches us to work hard, be obedient and see miracles. 🫶 for hermana y papi paz 
- my comp and I put together an Easter activity on pday for the hermanas in our zone and it was so funny. None of them (expect one) had done an Easter egg hunt before (how!?!?). We put together Easter baskets and hid a bunch of eggs in the church for them. Never gonna find STLs like hermana evia and I 😎💪🐰
    the preparation 
This week I've been pondering a lot about the lyrics in the new hymnbook "Were you there?" that was beautifully sang in general conference:

"Were you there when they crucified my Lord? 
Were you there when they crucified my Lord?  
Oh! Sometimes it causes me to 
tremble, tremble, tremble. 
Were you there when they crucified my Lord?

Were you there when He rose up from the dead? 
Were you there when He rose up from the dead? 
Oh! Sometimes I feel like shouting Glory! Glory! Glory! 
Were you there when He rose up from the dead?"

I know that I was there when the Savior gave His life for me. I was present in His mind and watching from above when he suffered in Gethsame and on the cross, and you were too. Sometimes, I tremble to think of the price He paid for me. But, I glory to think that I was also there when He rose from the dead, singing in celestial choirs and rejoicing in the opportunity He gives me. I am eternally grateful for Jesus Christ, even more so in this week of His death and Resurrection. 
Look for ways to make Easter MEANINGFUL!

Les amo 🫶
-Hermana Stephenson

Comments

Popular Posts