Week 45If I thought I knew what hot was before, I was kidding myself. I've come to know Satan's armpit on a whole new level this week with 104° and 70% humidity most days. It's no joke. There's not even a time when it's not hot because it's like 92° at 8:30 in the morning. But, suffering in the name of the Lord brings blessings and that has definitely been proved to me this week. A whole lot went down, so buckle innnn!
LUISA GOT BAPTIZED WOOO🌊 She is the funniest girl. It was so awesome being able to teach and prepare her for this step in her life! It was interesting preparing however, because we got to the church the day before and the font was still full of old water and we couldn't get it to drain out. So you know what that means.... bucket brigade 2.0 🪣 spent about 2 hours emptying the half filled font between the 3 of us. But spoiler alert, the font and bathroom don't have AC so we left ABSOLUTELY drenched in our own sweat. We looked like 17 year old boys leaving prom. Kinda gross, but worth it in the end so that Luisa could make covenants with God 💪🥵


Also the night before the baptism, someone (not sure who it could have been 👀) locked our keys inside the house. A slightly stressful situation because we had literally NOTHING with us besides one phone with 25% battery. We tried everything to get into the house: borrowing the neighbors ladders, harassing the landlady that never answered etc. but no cigar. Ended up staying the night with some other hermanas in their area (after the neighbor lady lent us 50 pesos to get there) until a locksmith came and opened the door in the morning. We had just enough time to get everything ready for Luisa's baptism. Everything always works out in the end 🔑🙌🏼
 |
| Our only money for 2 days whoops |
Other things:
- had exchanges and divisions with the babies in the zone🤱
- ate a bomb ttclyuda for Easter 😋
- became ward pianist on Easter Sunday and had to sight read on the spot (better than nothing I guess) 🎹
- put Alan on date for baptism on Monday for THIS SUNDAY….WHATTT….bro just got back from FSY and was basically like “Hermanas I'm ready to get baptized”. We were like "bet how's this Sunday sound?” He said "yeah for sure, let's do it". He's so elect and ready for the next step. Keep an eye out for 3 more baptisms on Sunday 👀
- the hills here have not gotten any easier to go up in case you were wondering
Recently I've been pondering a lot about the difference between counseling the Lord and counseling WITH the Lord. I love Jacob 10:4:
"Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works."
How many times do we go to the Lord and just ask Him for what we want? I find myself doing it often out of habit. It is something that I am striving to improve. To ask the Lord to counsel me in accordance to His plan, and not just what I want in the moment. Give it try! You might find some cool insights.
Later! 👋
-Hermana Stephenson
 |
| the garbage man |
Comments
Post a Comment