Elder for 2 days 🕴🕴🕴
Week 50
This one's gonna be a shortie because I think I'm developing dementia and don't remember anything anymore.
What I do remember:
- we have a house! After a whole week of being homeless and my things being strung across the four corners of the planet, we finally found a house! It's lowkey far from our area and we be walking sooooo much more now but it's a roof over my head (and the landladys not crazy) so I'm grateful 🙌🏼🙌🏼
- took a quick 2 day vacation to the city to renew my green card because it was about to expire after almost a year! Crazy how time flies. The funny thing was that they sent me solo because my companion had no need to go. And if you've seen the missionaries before, you've seen that we're always with a companion. Like I literally have to be with someone always. Luckily, there were 2 other elders going for the same thing so I ended up becoming an Elder in a nice little trio with Elder Buckway and Mower for 2 days. It was pretty funny. It was the most English I've spoken in a long time jajaj
- even though we could barely work in our area pretty much all week because of travels and the move, we had 8 friends come to church that are all super awesome! It was a huge miracle that God was able to step in and help us a little more in a week where we didn't have much time 🫶
- we live right next to a panadería now and it do be smelling like bread all the time 🥐😋
-new neighbors have the tiniest new pups that are so cute 🥹
In reading the Come Follow Me this week, I really liked D&C 50:5:
"But blessed are they who are faithful and endure, whether in life or in death, for they shall inherit eternal life."
A while ago I read and shared a BYU devotional that talked about endurance and this scripture helped me ponder it again a bit more. What I like is that the Lord makes it clear that we have to be FAITHFUL and endure. We can endure a lot of things as humans by just straight willpower, but when we endure with faith is when we really learn and see the blessings and in the end inherit eternal life!
Should be a hurricane coming in here starting tomorrow-ish so look out for that update next week 👀⛈️🌀
Currently searching for my umbrella, (don't remember where I put it)
-Hermana Stephenson
Autumn.stephenson@missionary.org
Ate this habenero with my lunch and it was light work 🥱🌶





Comments
Post a Comment