homeless 🚫🏡

 Week 49


This week has been the most unfortunate and chaotic of my life. 

To make a long story short, I'm homeless! Had a ton of issues with our house and then our landlady ended up giving us the boot 👢We've been living with the neighboring area of Hermanas ever since. It's been kind of hectic because there is ZERO space in their house but it's been fun. Sleeping has been interesting. Sharing a twin bed with someone is not (usually) a super enjoyable experience but we've been making it work. Our mission never has Hermanas or Elders live with other companionships, so we're living it up while it lasts! 
Not a whole lot else happened that I can remember. We basically spent most of the week looking for a house in livable condition and traveling back and forth to our area. Here's what I do remember!

- Basically running Barrio San Blas these days: officially ward pianist (practice your hymns kids--you'll regret it if you don't), my companion and I both spoke in sacrament and then we were thrown in last minute to teach the youth Sunday school class. Being a missionary definitely teaches you to go on the fly because we pulled that lesson out of nowhere. It was fire 🔥
- had the most powerful lesson teaching the plan of salvation to the family we are helping prepare for baptism! They had no power so we taught them by literal candlelight. It felt like our own magical campfire in the middle of Mexico. It was so special to be able to explain to them that they can be together forever and just how much God loves them. Unforgettable experience
I've been reflecting a lot on Nephi's Lamentation in 2 Nephi 4 and my 2 favorite verses:

"19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted. 
20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep."

I know that the Lord preserves us in our times of need. If we trust in Him and put all that we have at His feet, all our frustration, weariness, anger, sadness whatever it may be, He will pull us through. He always does. 

Lean on Him a little more this week. He's waiting for you! 

-Hermana Stephenson
(Trying to be as unbothered with life as this lady)


Comments

Popular Posts