Mondays are back 🤑🤑

Week 53

Wut upppp

If you are wondering why it's only been a few days since I sent my last email, it's because we got our pday changed back to Monday wooooo! Wednesday pday will not be missed I'll tell you that much 👋

Well not a lot has happened so here's the quick deets:
- it's offical rainy season again! I'm back to carrying my umbrella daily for the pretty consistent afternoon/evening rainstorm that hits. The flooding here is no joke though 🌊🌊
- ran back 1 more exchange with Hermana Remund 💪🏼🇺🇸 
- transfers are this week! We get transfer news later today so you'll all have to wait until next week to see what happens, but offical prediction is that I get the boot to another area. 🥾
- since transfers are coming, we took a bunch of pictures with the favs of the area here on sunday just in case. It got me reflecting and I am genuinely so grateful for this area and the connections/relationships I have formed with the people here. They don't live easy lives, but have loved and shared everything they have with me unconditionally. So grateful to always have a home in San Blas 🫶🏼
We came across a lady this week that wanted to pick a fight with us. She believes that "there are no prophets" and that the time of modern revelation has passed, and so anything else must be a lie. Afterwards I had a scripture from the Book of Mormon come to my mind:

Mormon 9:7-10
"7 And again I speak unto you who deny the revelations of God, and say that they are done away, that there are no revelations, nor prophecies, nor gifts, nor healing, nor speaking with tongues, and the interpretation of tongues; 
8 Behold I say unto you, he that denieth these things knoweth not the gospel of Christ; yea, he has not read the scriptures; if so, he does not understand them. 
9 For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing? 
10 And now, if ye have imagined up unto yourselves a god who doth vary, and in whom there is shadow of changing, then have ye imagined up unto yourselves a god who is not a God of miracles. 
11 But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are."

I'm so grateful for a God of miracles who never changes! I know that modern prophets and revelation are real and am grateful for the Book of Mormon that teaches us eternal truths so clearly.

Stay tuned next week for transfers! 👀

👋
-Hermana Stephenson

Comments

Popular Posts