the winds of change (and hurricane erick) 🌬
Week 54
WELCOME BACK
This week was pretty eventful so let's get into itttt
In our last few days before transfers, we got hit by a hurricane. There was some insane rain/wind/flooding like I have never seen before. Being an Idaho girl doesn't really expose you to tropical storms. It was kinda cool to experience for like a day before I got transferred 🌀
Speaking of transfers, I got transferred back to the city! My new companion is Hermana Gutierrez from Monterrey (keeping the streak going). We have been having a great time. Now that last transfer is over, I can official say that it sucked pretty bad. I am grateful to have had a change lol. My new area is SUPER central in the city, way more "city" than I have ever been, especially coming from San Blas. We have a washing machine here, the bathroom is crazy luxurious and there are restaurants and stores galore. I feel so spoiled.
Being back in the city has made me come face to face again with an old friend I haven't seen in awhile: rejection. In my last area the people were so incredibly humble and kind and pretty much never said no to a message from good ol papa dios. I can not say the same here. I have had more door slams in the last 4 days than ever before and it is for sure testing my patience. Luckily my comp laughs at all my jokes so we just laugh it off. But this is a warning for all the old Catholics in Oaxaca centro, I'm coming for you 🫵🏽
Once again I have become the official ward pianist. My sight reading skills are gonna be off the charts when I get back--watch out 🎹
Fun little miracle: this transfer, my trainer/bestie went home 🤧 The day of transfers, (since i was going back to the city), there was a small chance I would be able to see her one more time before she left. As I got to the bus station, I saw her! She told me that she and my comp from a few transfers ago (Hermana Evia) would be staying the rest of the day and sleeping at our apartment before going the next day. It was so fun/bittersweet to be able to spend one more day with her and look back at all the experiences we shared as companions for almost 3 transfers. So grateful for the mission for giving me the chance to make relationships with people all over the world. 🫶🏼🇵🇪
Other things:
- we are teaching a blind man here who might be faking it and can actually see us?? Some investigation will be done this week so stay tuned 👨🦯
- there's a lot more hermanas in the city so my companion and I are over 2 whole zones and 6 companionships this transfer. 'Bout to be living that exchange life like crazyyyyy 👯♀️
- it's actually been kinda cold here. Not really, just the climate change from Satan's furnace to like normal weather has me chilled 🥶
This week I finished the Book of Mormon again and WOWWWW I will never get sick of sharing and testifying to every person I see that that book is true. I know it with every part of my soul and am so grateful for the testimony I have gained here in the mission. I invite you to all go read the Book of Mormon!! If you don't know what it is or dont have a copy you should put it on your to do list! It will change your life!
Moroni 7:47
"But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him."
LOVE YOU ALL
-Hermana Stephenson
![]() |
| Wit da homies |






Comments
Post a Comment