I got pooped on by a bird (not clickbait)

 Week 56


Well the title about sums it up.

Apparently the food here in México also isn't good for the stomachs of birds and I ended up the victim. But I'm not sure what part was worse, getting absolutely covered in poop or having to walk past crowds of people who all looked at me funny. Sure gave my companion a good chuckle. (See my photo album for videos and more pictures of this very unfortunate event🤯)
Apart from the unfortunate run in with the eagle (not sure what else it could have been) this week was awesome!!
The run down:
- hit 13 months! 🤑🤑
- interviews with prezi paz were lit as always
- we are the exchange queens. I don't even see my companion half the week. It's so sad 🫠
- got to see mi hija hermana grande! She just finished training and is becoming such a big strong missionary. They grow up so fast 🤧 (Also it was the 4th of July and we coordinated on accident. I miss America 🇺🇸)
- put our friend Graciela on date for baptism! We've been working with her for a hot sec trying to help her figure out some doctrinal differences between our church and other religions but she has made SO MUCH PROGRESS and we are stoked!
- got yelled at whilst trying to make guacamole (not my strong suit apparently)
This week a thought a lot about one specific verse in 3 Nefi in the Book of Mormon:

3 Nephi 2:1
"...and the people began to forget those signs and wonders which they had heard, and began to be less and less astonished at a sign or a wonder from heaven, insomuch that they began to be hard in their hearts, and blind in their minds, and began to disbelieve all which they had heard and seen"

Something that I have seen a lot in my mission and that I have fallen prey to as well is that we get so used to seeing miracles here that we get comfortable with it. Suddenly one baptism isn't enough. We feel like we need to convert entire families and villages to feel God's hand in the work and even when we do see it, we are no longer "astonished" by it. I have seen so many miracles and changed lives in my time here, and it is something that I never want to wear off or get used to. I hope that you can all see the miracles in your lives and be ASTONISHED at the goodness of God always 🫶🏼

Stay astonished🤠
- hermana stephenson
    not sure who gave President a machete




Comments

Popular Posts