Empapadas

Week 63
Every day this week it rained and every day I forgot my umbrella and got soaked. You would think I would know by now after 15 months in Oaxaca to never trust the weather and be prepared. But here I am, still out here getting drenched like a greenie. Embarrassing.    
    #coordinaciónmisional goes crazyyyy
Once again I feel like there is not much to report this week! We're working hard trying to find new people in our tiny area and it's working cause we had some new friends come to church yesterday yayyyyy! We are preparing to go to the temple with abuelito José this week and he is going to be taking his dad's name to the temple which will be so special.  Stay tuneddd 👀

In other news:
- our recent convert Luis that got baptized like 2 weeks ago just up and left to go back to his pueblo 😔 but it's ok. He completed his purpose here 🌊
- interviews with Papi Paz were sooooo goooood as always! (Came with free breakfast too 🫠)

- today we had a lit zone activity in the stake center. The LZs cooked up some American style breakfast and played volleyball! The smoke alarm did get set off though and the matienence people were not super happy about it--oooopppps 😅 The fellow Idahoan Elder Galloway and I cooked on the court so it didn't matter anyways 😎

- the Young Mens General president was here in Oaxaca and spoke to our stake! We didn't actually get to go sadly becuase he just came to talk to the youth and their families, but abuelito José got to meet him and was stoked about it! (Even though he doesn't look like it in the picture hahah)
Recently I've been thinking a lot about and piece of artwork that I found before the mission that I love:
I love thinking about the Lord as the Master Artist. He has created so many beautiful things that we have here on earth. Every flower, every sunset, every mountain was carved or painted by His hands. The same hands that hold the evidence of His love and sacrifice for us through His marks. And as the Master Artist, he has a plan for each one of us as well together with Heavenly Father. He is constantly sculpting us through our experience into what He needs us to be. Some people might be vases, others bowls or plates, but the end goal is relatively the same. He has something beautiful planned for our lives, we just have to let Him sculpt us. It is not always an easy or comfortable process because sometimes He has to take clay away or stretch and pull us to our extent, but it's all worth it in the end as we trust His process and His plan. As I now only have 100 days left as a missionary, I want to let Him continually mold and change me into the best version of myself. I have seen many changes on the mission, but I know there is still work to do, and I am excited to see what the Master Artist has planned 🫶🏼

that's all! bye!

-hermana stephenson 



 

Comments

Popular Posts