Progress

 Week 61

No big earthquakes this week. Just little ones I barely felt so that's an upgrade.

Things are going well here in Ixcotel! 

Luis finally got baptized on Sunday woooooo!!! Don't let his face in the picture fool you. He was actually in a great mood and a happy camper all day. The Spirit was present and, as he often says to us, the angels were definitely having a fiesta up there over his decision. It's incredible to see people come closer to the Savior and change their lives. Especially people like Luis who come from drug/alcohol addictions in the past. It's a huge privilege to be part of their stories and even though they might not remember my name (Luis still asks me everytime jahaj). I will always remember them! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

The only downside about Luis getting baptized is that we now have 0 friends progressing or even really interested. 🫠 We're starting our teaching pool from scratch this week, which is scary but I know will bring miracles to help us find the elect. So catch us knocking every door in the area this week 🚪🏃‍♀️

Started out the exchange game strong for the transfer. I was able to be with an Hermana from Arizona that is braaaaaand spankin new to the mission. She’s been here a little under two weeks. Gave me crazy nostalgia to be with her and relive my training. She is also being trained by a native that doesn't speak English jajaj. I remember so vividly the feelings and frustrations that she is now going through. It was really cool to be able to share with her my own experience and give her hope for the future. It made me reflect a lot on how far I have come in these last 14 months and how the Lord has seriously sustained me and been with me in every step.
    
    Baby's first tacos de pastor 👶
Anything elseeeeee
- ate big intestine tacos the other day and forgot to mention it. They were pretty mid, wouldn't recommend. 2/10
- got absolutely drenched like twice this week cause we didn't bring our umbrellas. whoops
- it's so odd having an American companion. She just understands so much that I normally would have to explain to my comps. Example: the other day I randomly started singing “America the Beautiful" (who knows why) and instead of asking what song it was she just joined in 🤯 HUH. thats crazy. but it's been really fun. I'm enjoying it!
I have been pondering/studying recently a lot about forgiveness. I have found that for me it's sometimes easy to tell someone that I forgive them very quickly, but it takes me awhile to actually mean it or forgive fully in my heart. There are a bunch of good, classic scriptures on forgiveness, but I came across this one that stood out to me: 

Luke 6:36-38
"36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 
37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

At the end of the day, the best plan of action is to follow God's example and "be merciful" even as he is merciful. I know that I am in need of an insane amount of forgiveness from my Father in Heaven and from people here on earth. But when I remember His love for me, nothing really seems too bad or serious in the long run that isn't worth a little forgiving. 

Here's a great video about forgiveness as well if your interested!:

👋👋
-Hermana Stephenson


Comments

Popular Posts