Birthday Funeral

 Week 66

HOLA. WELCOME BACK. Didn't get around to writing an email last week so we are hitting a two in one today! Buckle innnn

First things first, my ward pianist status got upgraded to stake pianist on Sunday as I had to accompany the Stake choir and play the congregational hymns for Stake Conference.It was lowkey super stressful because piano is really not my strong suit but hey, the Lord makes our weaknesses strengths and it all turned out fine in the end!
Also chefed up a bunch of stuff. I feel like in the last week and a half I have cooked more than I have my whole mission (thanks to the members that feed us daily 😘)  but it was a blast. We made a traditional dish with our Relief Society president for Independence Day called "chiles en nogada"-- basically a chile relleno but filled with fruit and meat and stuff. Sounds like an odd combo, but it was fire trust 🔥🔥
Also for pday last week we had a zone pday para despedirnos to an elder who went home this week and we made carne asada. A member basically just lent us his house and we were cooking up a storm all day. 10/10 🔥
THEN transfers came around! We got absolutely rocked when we found out that I will be staying here another transfer and my companion got the boot. The complete opposite of what we were 99% sure was going to happen jajaj. I'm still here in Ixcotel with my new comp Hermana Alvarado de Tamaulipas! We actually had transfers a day early because President assigned us to give a training to all the new missionaries that came in on Wednesday and we needed time to plan. But the training went super well with limited casualites (one elder did run into a wall with his eyes closed... oops. good first day memory tho). It was a blast to see all the greenies meet their trainers and impart some advice as they are starting their missionary experience! 
Annnnnnnnd yesterday (as everyone already knows thanks mom) was my 21st birthday! The members, my companion, and the other missionaries made me feel so loved in so many different ways. The day actually went a lot differently than planned because originally our relief society president had a bunch of stuff planned for us to do in the afternoon, but sadly the night before one of the sweet ladies in our ward passed away. It was a shock to everyone because she was pretty young. So after church we basically spent the whole day helping prepare food and serve it at the funeral that evening. I found it to be a very meaningful way to spend my birthday, loosing myself in service and celebrating the life of an incredible woman, just as missionaries do. I am so grateful that the Lord gives me so many chances to serve and that he takes my small offerings and magnifies them daily. I am also so grateful for the plan of salvation that makes us possible for us be with our loved ones para siempre 🫶🏼
But don't worry, there were plenty of birthday celebrations and mordidas to make a girl feel loved! Our zone got together today for pday to play volleyball and celebrate and it was super lit. Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes!
I have recently been reading in the beginning of Alma aka the "missionary chapters" of the Book of Mormon where Alma and the sons of Mosiah head out to preach the gospel to the Lamanites. This chapters are always super powerful to study as a missionary, but this week these 2 verses really really stood out to me. 

Alma 21:14-16
"And those who were cast into prison suffered many things, and they were delivered by the hand of Lamoni and Ammon, and they were fed and clothed. 

And they went forth again to declare the word, and thus they were delivered for the first time out of prison; and thus they had suffered.
 
And they went forth whithersoever they were led by the Spirit of the Lordpreaching the word of God in every synagogue of the Amalekites, or in every assembly of the Lamanites where they could be admitted."

Just before these verses, we read about how Aaron and his brothers had been treated horribly, Ammon and Lamoni find them beaten, naked, having not eaten or drank water in days just for trying to share the gospel with the people. What amazes me is that these missionaries who had been through so much already, after they had been saved they went out again to preach the word, despite all the afflictions they had been through. If I were in their shoes, I dont know if I would have been strong enough to do it all again, but we can see that they were guided by the spirit in all places they entered and eventually had the sucess they were searching. They are incredible examples to me to keep moving forward and go out, day after day, for the Lord!! I know He will guide us!!

Also VIVÁ MÉXICO 🇲🇽🇲🇽

BYE 👋
-Hermana Stephenson 

Comments

Popular Posts