Temple, temple, temple

 Week 64

Surprise! Wednesday Pday! We switched our week around a bit to go to the temple today with some other missionaries and it was sooooo worth it. After almost a year without doing a session in the temple, I was really missing it. It was so healing for the body and spirit 🫶🏼
    Us and the LZs from our zones 😎🤝

    zona amapolas (post achieving the goal of August 🤑)

The last week and a half have been great! We had the chance to go with abuelito José to the temple and do baptisms with him for the first time. It was so tender 🥹 he loved it and is absolutely loving the process of coming to know the gospel more and more!
We also had leadership counsel which is always fun! Good to hear from prez and see other missionaries that are in far away lands. Like mi hija Hermana Grande who is actually serving in San Blas right now! She's carrying on my legacy 🥲
Other things:
- still on the exchange game. Its never-ending. 
- officially hit 15 months 😥
- big storm rolled in while we were eating lunch so we stopped by the house for shelter and to do some calls (everyone bunkers like its the end of the world when it rains smh). The wind was blowing so strong that it broke our door and we couldn't get out 🫠 We spent like an hour trapped in the house until the owner (aka the relief society president) saved us jajaja
- not sure what was going on with the men on the street his week.. but we had multiple asks for our hand in marriage, try to buy us drinks, etc etc. Not unusual occurances, but it was way more frequent this week for some reason jajaja. But always a good chuckle and reassuring to know if the whole BYU scene doesnt work out there's always options in Oaxaca 😎🫠
- the OG email readers will remember Hermana Tesén aka my trainor from Peru. Found out this week that she's ENGAGED to en elder from Idaho who served here with us! Not relevant info for pretty much anyone else hahah but my brain has been boggled for days. Literally insane.

Recently I've been thinking a lot about being "friends" with the Savior. I love these scriptures from John 15:12-15:

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."

I think the distinction that the Savior makes between servants and friends is really interesting. The servant only does what the Master says without understanding, but a friend understands the why behind things. The Lord invites all of us to be His friends as we keep His commandments and strive to do our best. I love the word "friend" because it refers to a much closer, personal relationship with the Savior which is what I want to achieve. I want Him to be my best friend and to always include Him in my daily actions!

Also this talk from conference last year is really great!:

I LOVE YOU ALL
- Hermana Stephenson






Comments

Popular Posts