poco a poco como el agua entra el coco
Week 69
WUT UP this week was pretty uneventual not going to lie. Just doin missionary work, all day everyday and trying to soak in every moment!
This week was another one that was full of exchangesss 😎 We hit up 3 different exchanges. I felt like I never saw my companion 🥲 It's ok because I got to know some newer Hermanas and chat about the mission and life and all that goes into being a good missionary! (Also randomly found some DP on the way 😋)
We've been seeing progress here in our area, but it’s not very fast moving. Being here for 3 transfers has definitely taught me about having patience with our friends in teaching. They progress on the gospel path at their own rate, which has been tough because that rate is a lot slower here than people in my other areas. I know how many blessings are waiting for them through the restored gospel and the TRUE joy it can bring them. I just want to yell "how can you not see what you’re missing?!?!?!?” However, I know that from the other side it is hard to see and know, and that i am here to help people on their gospel journey, at whatever point they are at. Progress is progress, even if it is little by little. Our family of kids are doing great, and 2 of the girls came to conference yesterday so #blessup 💪🏼
Conference was amazinggg. We had the privilege to watch the first session on Saturday with our recent convert abuelito José. It was so tender. We able to explain to him about the death of President Nelson and what the church is going to do now. He payed so much attention to every detail and speaker. His absolute love for the gospel is incredible to me. He is a huge example to me of the possibility of change and dedication.
And as always, I received answers to some of my questions during conference. One of the questions I had been pondering the most was "How can I best continue my discipleship/spiritual momentum on a positive slope after the mission?" This being my last general conference as a missionary, it was weighing heavily on my mind. But in Elder Utchdorf and Brown's talks, it was answered quite clearly and simply:
"Discipleship takes SELF-DISCIPLINE. It is a practice of every day and every hour."
"A testimony is not meant to be only for temporal use"
Being a true, dedicated disciple of Christ takes a lifetime of consistent effort. It is not enough to bank off of 18 months of full-time dedication after it is done. Our testimonies are meant to develop and mature and grow over the years. II know that through making consistent habits in our lives, we can continually become closer to God! That's the beauty of the gospel! We never grow out of it!
Also pretty sure I saw one of the three Nephites the other day. Needed to write it down so that I don't forget jajaja. If you want to know hmu (hit me up🤙)
OK BYE
-Hermana Stephenson






Comments
Post a Comment