things are going BOM 💣

Week 70 & 71

My companion and I decided we wanted to learn Portuguese literally just for kicks and giggles. To Spanish ears Portuguese just sounds like someone trying to speak Spanish but with the wackiest accent ever and it gets the chuckles rolling every time without fail. Safe to say we haven't made much progress jajaja

Let's do some catch up from the last 2 weeks!

Been having some super fun pday activities recently! Hit up a zone volleyball tournament and then last week our district took a little road-trip to a mountain village in the middle of nowhere. It was awesome. We went to a lookout with a glass bridge. My poor companion (who is terrified of heights) was really going through it. However, she conquered her fear and we successfully crossed the bridge! Overall 10/10
Also had lots of events going on in our ward and ended up at both a wedding and a baby shower! After 15 years of waiting, one of the ladies in our ward was finally able to be sealed to her husband (who was baptized about 2 years ago) and her kids. It was so special to see the change in them as they became an eternal family! Also got to go shopping in the baby section at Walmart which was a huge bonus 
As far as our friends in teaching go, we've been in pretty much the same spot. Lots of looking, lots of meeting new people, and lots of people telling us they don't want to come to church. But don't worry! We're on the diligence game! Everything happens for a reason and I know without a doubt we are planting seeds that will bring fruits later on!

Misc. things that have happened:
- Got serenaded by a random guy that sang us some of his home-cooked Jesus songs he wrote when we knocked his door. Lowkey were pretty 🔥, just made for an interesting exit since he just wouldn't stop singing. Definitely a first
- got almost mauled by a massive dog. He was super friendly don't worry. It was just hilarious and he would not calm down jajaja
- had ANOTHER birthday party. The members here just can't stop celebrating it even though it was over a month ago. I love méxico 🎂
- Yalleady know we're on those exchanges. Some things never change 
And the craziest thing of all, this week I officially start my LAST TRANSFER. We won't get transfer news until later, so you'll all have to wait another week to find out what happens. It is such a surreal feeling to be coming close to the end I am so excited to give my all for 6 more weeks and see all the miracles I know the Lord has in store. 

And in that light, I really loved a scripture that I came across in my studies this week in Helaman 10:4-5

"Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingnessdeclared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works"

I won't lie, it is tough to not get a little weary sometimes in this work. It is hard to not fear man more than God or put your life completely aside. But, God knew that! He knows it is not easy! But He also knows, if we can make it through, that he has blessings beyond our imagination in store. My greatest desire is to one day hear the words said to Nephi, and to be made MIGHTY in faith and in works in all things! That's the end goal!!

Love you all!! Sorry for being terrible at responding recently and I'm not honestly sure how much that's gonna improve but know I appreciate every message!!

👋👋
-Hermana Stephenson







Comments

Popular Posts