The beginning of the end
Week 74 and 75
The last 2 weeks went by way too fast.
We have been running all over the place and so so busy but enjoying every second! Unfortunately a deathly cold came out of nowhere and decided to threaten to bench me from hitting some 3-point buzzer-beaters my last few weeks. Don’t worry, I didn't come to play just to wimp out last quarter. And the Lord is magnifying our efforts so its all good ⛹️♀️🤾♀️
First things first, Gaely got baptized! It was so fun to teach her and watch her learn all the important principles to get ready for her baptism. She is small but mighty in spirit and reminds me that the kingdom of God is of the children 🫶🏼
We have also been traveling a lot recently because the other sisters in our zone are about 3 hours away from us. We made the trip twice in the last two weeks to do divisions/blitz with the hermanas and work the 4 of us some days in their areas. It has been so fun to spend more time with the sisters because we pretty much hadn't seen them all transfer jajaj but now we're besties. It was also tender to spend my last exchanges with newer/in training missionaries and give some hacks for missionary life. Did I have to sleep 6 nights on the floor? Yes but it was worth ittttt #someonecallachiropractor
Also one of the reasons we came back to this side of the city was because we had my last zone conference 🥲 I had the chance to give a training and share the classic departing testimony with my zone. It was very surreal to be the one up there. Especially when I remember so clearly my first zone conference and the faces of the missionaries who were leaving and the way I looked up to them as superheroes. Time has a funny way of coming around to get you and it comes for everyone sooner or later. The end is starting to feel a lot closer now, but I'm so excited to see what these last 2 weeks have in store!
what elseeee:
- taught the funniest English class of my life.
- lady from said English class gave us free massages today 💯
- was this 🤏 close to tossing my cookies on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere mountain windy coast road as we were on our way to this little village to eat. It was a close call but don't worry. I survived and the other passengers in the truck bed were relieved. It was however quite a humbling moment 😔
- had to pay our power bill which is way expensive (someone is robbing our power but whatever) and as a result we had like 0 money for a week 💸
- ate with a schizophrenic twice
- got completely lost in the middle of the mountain woods at night with a Chilena on divisions. It was the funniest experience of my life. Check the google album for documentation🌴🌲
- oxxo sponsored probably half my meals. My fellow Mexican missionaries get me 😋
A cool part of our zone conference this week was that we were able to hear a message from sister Andrea Muñoz Spannuas, the second counselor in the general young women's presidency (who also happened to be Hermana Paz's mission companion). She talked and testified about the importance of the Book of Mormon and the difference it can make in someones life. I am so grateful for the gift my mission has given me of a deeper love of the Book of Mormon. I never get tired of reading it. And that is something we can all develop, whether your a missionary or not.
"I promise that if you sincerely prioritize studying the Book of Mormon prayerfully each day, you will find greater spiritual strength and confidence in the Lord and His promises." - Ozani Farias
The Lord wants to speak to you! Look for His voice in the scriptures and you will find it. I pinky promise 🫰🏻
LOVE YOU ALL. SEE YOU SOON!
-Hermana Stephenson








Comments
Post a Comment