We're headin out ✌️
Week 76 and 77
Well, if you haven't yet figured it out, this week I finish my full time missionary service here in Oaxaca. My life these last few weeks felt a lot like watching High School Musical 3: fun, nostalgic, but with the looming sadness of knowing it’s coming to an end all too soon. So let’s hit a bullet list rundown one more time!
- the Elders found a massive tlacuache (possum) during a service project. Ii don't think I've ever laughed harder in my life. I was wheezing all day but did feel kinda bad for them. Check the googs for evidence 🏃♀️🌪
- had the last CLM on Thursday and got to see all my besties and past companions one more time. It was interesting listening to our mission presidentes counsel with a different mindset. I realized that so much of what we as missionaries try to improve and put in practice is so applicable to life after the mission as well. It was sad to say goodbye. Gonna miss my mission peeps 🥲
- the last few weeks we have been visiting the Nolasco family. They are such a joy. They have been inactive for a while and the dad was baptized just over a year ago. They have a young 9 year-old boy who loves the church and wants to be baptized. So the last few weeks we have been working with them and preparing Isaac to be baptized. Everything was set and ready for his baptism to be yesterday, but they decided to wait and do the baptism in Baja-California to be with family. Honestly it was kind of sad for me. I was stoked to have the baptism of such an awesome kid my last Sunday in the mission but, the Lord never stops humbling me and reminding me that this work is not about me. Never has been and never will be. Needless to say, I'm excited for Isaac to be baptized next month!
- my district is awesome and threw me a funeral/going away/Christmas party today for my last pday. I seriously lucked out and have made some of my best friends this transfer. They have made the "lasts" of the mission so fun and memorable.
It is impossible to put into words the life-changing experience that my mission has been. It has undoubtedly been the best decision of my whole life and has changed me. It has been hard at times, but I have come to feel more joy and satisfaction and purpose in my life than ever before. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ for being by my side every step of the way and for the beautiful chance I have had to testify of Him daily. I have made so many life-long connections while being here, but the one I value most is the true friendship that I have formed with my Savior. I have come to know Him through the scriptures, through prayer, and through the wonderful people of Oaxaca that exemplify His character and have shown me what true charity is. I love my mission. I love Oaxaca. I love Jesus Christ for taking my weaknesses and making me into a better person. I know this gospel is true and that Christ is waiting for you with His hands outstretched.
D&C 98:13
"And whoso layeth down his life in my cause, for my name’s sake, shall find it again, even life eternal.
I testify that this scripture is true. I have found it to be true in my life as I have layed it down for the last 18 month, and I don't plan on stopping so watch out! Jesus lives! I love Him with my whole heart and I can never express just how important that is to me 🫶🏼
Thank you for all joining me on this journey. For reading these emails, for sharing them with others and accompanying me in every step. I have felt your love and support and thank you for it!
My mission report will be in a few weeks on December 28th in Idaho! More details on the open house will be on social media so stay posted!!
For last time con todo mi corazón,
- Hermana Stephenson 🇲🇽💗











Comments
Post a Comment